Terms & Conditions
Tourism Fiji Happiness Campaign
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- This Tourism Fiji HAPPINESS CAMPAIGN Competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Fiji Visitors Bureau, ABN 71245718806, of Suite 1204, Level 12, St. Martins Tower, 31 Market Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000, Australia (“Promoter”) in all states excepting NSW where it is conducted by Circul8 Communicate Pty Ltd, ABN 11 123 609 049, L1 545 South Dowling Street, Surry Hills, NSW, 2010 (“Promoter”).
- For the purposes of the Competition, each of the following is a Region:
- Hong Kong;
- Europe comprised of Italy; The Netherlands; Norway; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Finland; Denmark; Portugal; Austria; Belgium; Iceland; France; Germany; Ireland and the United Kingdom;
- Americas; and
- New Zealand.
- South Korea
- Unless indicated otherwise in these conditions, these conditions apply to all Regions.
- Entering the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
- The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants.
- An ""Eligible Entrant"" is an individual who is:
- Not an employee, officer, servant or contractor of the Promoter or any organisation associated with the Competition or provision of the prize, or their related bodies corporate or associates or any of their agencies involved with the Competition;
- Not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee or other person as described in clause 6 (i) above;
- A permanent resident of a country within a Region; and
- Aged 18 years or over
- All relevant instructions on the Promoters’ website (if any) form part of these conditions
COMPETITION ENTRY PERIOD
- Entry to the Competition opens at 09.00am AEST on 19 March 2015 and ends at 11.59pm AEDT on 23 April 2015. (""Entry Period"").
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
- An Eligible Entrant can only enter the Competition by complying with each of the following requirements:
- Visiting www.fijihappy.com
- Uploading a photo manually, or connecting to Facebook or Instagram to select an image.
- Entering their full name, email address and country.
- Agree to comply with these conditions of entry.
- Read and accept the contents of the Tourism Fiji Ltd Privacy Statement.
- After the initial entry an Eligible Entrant is eligible to submit an additional entry for the Prize draw for each Share via Email or Twitter.
- There is no limit as to how many times an Eligible Entrant enters the Prize competition.
- All Eligible Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for receipt of incorrect inaccurate or incomplete information either caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated or utilised in this Competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of Entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
DETERMINATION OF COMPETITION WINNERS AND THEIR PRIZES
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged on their merits based upon creativity, personality and originality whilst incorporating the following competition entry guidelines:
- Smile your best smile
- Be in a happy scene
- Be doing something that makes you happy
- Must be something that others will relate to as being happy
- Must not be offensive to others
- All entries must be a photo that is property of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights.
- The first valid Entry chosen as the winner (“Winner”) of the prize (“Prize”) comprising of;
- Return tickets to Fiji for 2 with Fiji Airways from any Fiji Airways destination route (airline subject to change due to availability and time of booking).
- 4 nights accommodation at Nanuku Auberge Resort, including breakfast, lunch and dinner, (food only – alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks not included).
- 4 nights accommodation at Yasawa Island Resort, including breakfast, lunch and dinner, non-alcoholic drinks (alcoholic drinks not included), access to all activities excluding SCUBA diving and Spa treatments.
- Ground transfers to and from the airport/Port Denarau with Pacific Destinations
- Essence of Fiji Spa treatments for 2 at the Essence of Fiji Rejuvenation Centre, Nadi
- Gift packs for 2 from Naturally Fiji
- There is a total maximum Prize value of AU$22,223.27 (FJ$37,560) based on a conversion rate of FJ$1 : AU$0.591674 (XE.com).
- All accommodation is subject to availability. Accommodation may not be taken during peak periods such as school holidays.
- If the Winner lives outside of the Fiji Airways route map they will be provided with:
- Two return economy airfares from their closest capital city airport to an airport within the Fiji Airways route map up to the maximum total value of FJ$17,000 (airline subject to change as described in clause 16 (i)).
- Meals and Transfer fees (other than those specified above), tips, domestic travel to and from departure point, taxes that are not included in the airfare and other personal expenses and travel insurance must be paid for by the winner.
- The Prize is valid from 1 May 2015 for 12 months.
- The Winner will be notified by email on 1 May 2015 and their names published on http://www.facebook.com/Fiji.
- The Winner has 30 days to claim the Prize. If the Winner does not claim the prize in 30 days, then a new Winner will be selected based on clause 9. The Promoter reserves the right to select a new winner in the event of any Eligible Entrant not claiming the Prize. If the Prize remains unclaimed or forfeited through ineligibility or otherwise, the Promoter will conduct a re-selected winner for all unclaimed prizes, at the same time and place as the original draw, on 1 June 2015.
- The Winner is recommended to book as early as possible to ensure travel as early as possible. The prize cannot be refunded for cash or transferred and cannot be used in conjunction with any Frequent Flyer programs. Frequent flyer points will not be provided. The prize does not include any other travel costs to and from the winner’s city of residence to the nearest international airport. All components of the Prize must be taken together. Airline tickets must be used in conjunction with the trip, over the specified routing in the stated class of travel. Travel restrictions may apply.
- If for any reason the Winner is unable to accept the prize as stated for the dates indicated, the winner will forfeit the prize and no compensation will be given in lieu. If any part of the Prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with any alternative prize.
- It is the Winner’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid travel and health documentation. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the travellers. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issue that may exist at any destination. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the Prize or element thereof, unless stated.
ENTRY VERIFICATION AND ENTRANT DISQUALIFICATION
- If selected as the Winner an Eligible Entrant must deliver to the Promoter (by a means determined by the Promoter) evidence of any documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility (as described in clause 6 (i), (ii),(iii),(iv)) to enter and win, including evidence of residence and photo identification. The Promoter may make one or more requests for such documents. Once the identity of documents available is established, an Eligible Entrant must deliver requested copies within 7 days of being asked to do so.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an Eligible Entrant invalid if the Eligible Entrant: (i) fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Promotion to the Promoter's satisfaction; or (ii) in the Promoter's opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or (iii) in the Promoter's opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions.
FORFEITURE AND RETURN OF PRIZES
- If an Eligible Entrant breaches their obligations under these Conditions or any agreement with the Promoter, the Promoter may determine that the Eligible Entrant has forfeited their Prize.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for the value of the Prize depreciating between the start of the Competition and receipt of the Prize.
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
Any changes to the Competition and/or Terms and Conditions relating to the promotion (including prize variations, cancellation or suspension of your promotion), is subject to the approval of the The Promoter.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Eligible Entrant, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Promotion (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise).
- All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an Eligible Entrant participating in the Competition. Eligible Entrants should obtain independent tax and financial advice.
- Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
- To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the ""Relevant Parties"") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Promotion or its prizes, including: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. Nothing in these conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify an Australian Entrant’s rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
- Each Eligible Entrant agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed.
- Each Eligible Entrant grants the Promoter and its associated entities an exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide and transferable license (including the right to sub-license) to use such footage and photographs for promotional and marketing purposes, including online social networking sites.
- If any provision of these conditions is held to be illegal, invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed from the remaining provisions, which shall continue in full force and effect.
- Eligible Entrants' personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Competition and publicise it’s Winner. The Promoter will not sell personal information to other organisations. The personal information of the Winner may be provided to others assisting in the conduct of the Competition, including prize suppliers and deliverers. Persons may contact the Promoter by communication addressed to “Legal Counsel” at the address in condition 1 to request access to, or corrections of, any of their collected personal information that is held by the Promoter. If an Eligible Entrant does not provide accurate personal information the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win the Prize.
- The laws of Australia apply to the Competition to the exclusion of any other laws. Eligible Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- The Eligible Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter and its associated entities, officers, employees, and agents against all liabilities, expenses, losses, claims, damages and costs arising out of or in connection with:
- The Eligible Entrant’s participation in the Competition; or
- The use of the Eligible Entrant’s Entry